.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday's Photo Album

 The Wrapping Hides the Treasure Inside

 From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
Today is a first for me (and how often can you say that when you are past your peak and on the slippery downgrade to oblivion?).  I'm wearing my first pair of honest to goodness bifocals.  They have the demarcation line running through the lower half of each lens. By looking down I see through the reading glasses and by looking up and over the line, I can see into the distance. Both my grandmothers wore bifocals.  I use to tease them about that line running through their lenses. 
"Someday it will be your turn," they replied.  "Ya, well today isn't someday," I'd toss back with all the "gotcha" my youthful sarcastic nature could muster.

How Quickly it Passes.

Today is Someday.  Now it is my turn.  And to our younger readers I repeat what was said to me, "Someday it will be your turn."  That darn pesky Time has crept upon me like an unwanted guest and twinkle by twinkle,  stole away my semi perfect vision.

I've recently notice that Time has also been using my face as a canvas to study geriatric art.  Every week I notice another line where their wasn't one before and a sag accentuated with crow's feet.   It's comical the way we slowly disintegrate piece by piece until there is nothing left except Earth to Earth and Ashes to Ashes.

On a side note, I'm only now noticing how my head bobs up and down as I type this post.  The bifocal line keeps appearing right across the computer screen.   I know what you're thinking, a bobbing head is the next indicator of Death's hand upon your shoulder.  You may be right.  I'll think about it as I fall asleep in my rocker recliner. 
  
Pictures from Sunday's Album     

Gather around and let me show you a few pictures from the Sunday Albums.  We start with a few pictures from Lake Powell taken in the late 1980's

A Favorite Picture of my sister.
Kim DelGrosso at Lake Powell.

Joseph Mattson, Jacob Mattson and Brandon DelGrosso.


 Jacob and Kirk Mattson.  Kirk's tuned out.  
(By the way, the thing in his hand is called a cassette tape.  We used cassette tapes to hold our music and played them in things called Walkmans).


We move ahead several years to Kirk Mattson's Missionary Farewell.

Before leaving for church.  Candace, Angie, Camille and Gina Mattson.  
Gina wasn't please to have the photo taken.  Can you hear what she is thinking?
"OK, done yet?"  
Notice how far her sisters sit away from her on the loveseat?  I'm implying nothing,
Just making an observation  :) 


 Jacob, Kirk and Joseph Mattson 
Jake and Joe are smiling knowing Kirk would soon be leaving and they'd get the Nintendo all to themselves.

Sorry Aunt Bev.  
She hates to have her photo taken so I need to apologize for taking this 
(even though it was over twenty years ago).


 Forrest DelGrosso, Branson DelGrosso and Jake Mattson outside the church

 The gathering after.  Chaz Bodily enjoying a cookie.  The secret to keeping Chaz happy was copious amounts of sugar.
The Gathering After was held at the Mattson Home in American Fork

Can't shove it in fast enough to feed these growing boys.
Jake Mattson and Brandon DelGrosso


Kirk, with just a few of his admirers.

Finally from this Weekend's Sunday Album, Kim's Birthday

A few shots from Kim Williamson DelGrosso's birthday.  Don't know the exact year.



 Happy Birthday Kim



Candace Mattson, Chaz Bodily, Jake Mattson and Ashley DelGrosso. 
 Notice Chaz is without sugar?
Notice his attitude?


Uncle John at the Birthday Bash.  Angie Mattson is on the left waving her fork about 
while making a point about something.  Don't know what  :)

The Best of April's Photos

A short slide show of the best of this month's Sunday Photos.

Simply,
Victor

September 13, 2014
Digitally enhanced photos from the story above......

















No comments:

Post a Comment