.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Four Williamson Brothers

From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
My aunt Kriss recently posted a picture of my Grandpa Williamson and his three brothers taken in Deadwood, South Dakota in the late 1950's or early 1960's.  Emmett was the eldest, then came Walt, Charles and Maurice - the baby of the family.  The Williamson boys had five older sisters.

The Four Williamson Brothers in Deadwood, South Dakota.  L to R:  My Grandpa Charlie, Maurice, Emmett, and Walt.  


Grandpa Charles died in an automobile accident in July 1966.  He was a traveling salesman, spending most of his day driving the roads of western South Dakota. I remember my Aunt Kriss was visiting us in Rapid City at the time of his death.  I'm grateful I was just old enough to remember him.  My sister Kim and I stayed with him and Grandma Elsie from time to time in Deadwood.  

Victor  



Grandpa Charlie's Funeral Program



No comments:

Post a Comment