.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Sundance Wyoming Williamsons

From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello Williamsons,
My Vercellino cousin sent a few pictures of our grandparents he found in a book on Sundance Wyoming. Tharon Peterson was visiting family in Sundance when he found a book on Sundance's history. He was kind enough to scan the photographs and forward them on to me.

Thank you Tharon.

We begin with a Relationship Chart (click to enlarge):

I pause to think of the numerous descendants of my Great Great Grandparents George Matthew and Margaret Ann Williamson. There are hundreds, spanning one of the globe to the other. Most of us who read this blog are descended from William Jonathan and Effie Helen Williamson through one of their 9 children. I descend from Charles.

The New Photographs (click to enlarge):


The bottom photo is an enlargement of the one above. The child on the porch is not a member of the William Jonathan family. The caption doesn't attempt to put the children in any kind of order. The boys are easy to place. They are the four youngest in the family photo. left to right: Emmett (standing behind his father William Jonathan), Charles (my grandfather), Maurice (the youngest in the family), and Walter. Standing next to Emmett is Della, then Inez, Vennie, Josie and Ethel. Perhaps someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong. Take a moment and read the caption. I wasn't aware that our Great Grandfather was a two term mayor of Sundance. I enjoyed reading the family was considered hard working and best of all - Fun Loving! What Williamson doesn't enjoy a bit of fun?

Two from our Williamson family are in this graduating class photograph of Sundance High School, 1922. My Great Uncle Walt (Walter Williamson) is the second from the left. Great Uncle Emmett is the fourth in from the right. Interesting that both Emmett and Walter are graduating from high school in the same year. Emmett was two years older than Walter. Either Emmett was held back or Uncle Walt was advanced for his age. I'll let Emmett and Walter's descendants duke that one out.


Again, a class picture from Sundance High School, 1923. Two of my Great Aunts are in this photograph. Middle row and first on the left is Great Aunt Ethel Williamson. Great Aunt Inez is fifth from the left on the top row.

Delbert Williamson (my first cousin 2 times removed) is in this picture. His father was Archer Glenn Williamson, brother to my Great Grandfather William Jonathan.

Once again, a special thank you to Tharon Peterson for the photographs. If you have photographs of the early Williamsons please contact me (director@spacecamputah.org) even if you are not computer savvy. I'd be happy to pay for copies and postage for the opportunity to share them here on the blog for all to enjoy.

Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment