.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Search for Our Great Uncles and Aunts (Williamson Line)

From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
Back from a long two days at Space Camp. We hosted a group of students from Teton Middle School in Wyoming. Good camp all in all and very glad to be home.

I'm curious about our Williamson Great Uncles and Aunts and would like to learn more about them. Does anyone attending these digital online reunions know anything about the brothers and sisters of William Jonathan?
This is what I know. I start with the very basics, The Relationship Chart traceing to me (this allows everyone to see where they link in through your own line). Remember, click on the chart to enlarge.

George and Margaret had a large family. Imagine how many descendants there are today! This spikes my curiosity. I'd like to know if some of the Williamson's I bump into from time to time are related. For instance, we have a bus driver in our school district named Williamson. Are we distant cousins? The only way to find out is to attempt to find the family lines for each of the ones that had children.

All searches must start with information. My dad (Charles) says he knew of a line of Williamsons that lived in Sturgis who descended from one of these Great Great Uncles and Aunts. He tells me that colon cancer ran through that line of the family.

A few other things I found in my limited time tonight. This information below comes from a cemetery in Dorris California. There are four burials under the name Williamson:

It appears that four of our Great Great Uncles and Aunts are buried in the same location near
Dorris California. A picture of the Cemetery is below (click to enlarge),
Why did four of them end up living in the same place at the end? I'm assuming there must be relatives living there now.

I also found this bit of information from the 1900 US Census. (Click to Enlarge)

In it we see George and Margaret Williamson and their dependants living with them at the time. Above their names you'll see an entry for George B. Williamson, a Great Great Uncle and son of George and Margaret. His wife's name is listed as Kate. There are a few children listed as well so at least one of the older children (George) set up a household near his parents.

Any Help? Any Information?

Simply,
Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment