.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Families at Christmas Time.


From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
Far from being inclusive, this slide presentation is composed of pictures I had readily at my disposal from Christmas times past.

Please understand that I'm not the photographer I once was. I've reached the age where running around the room snapping pictures is best left to the younger parents. If you don't mind then, I think I'll sidestep the crawling infants and dodge the charging toddlers and venture into the geriatric tea corner to reminisce with my siblings and peers. We have the world's problems to solve and everyone else's business to discuss. This is the place where every other spoken paragraph begins with "Back in my day" and "What's happening to this world?" (as if we weren't the ultimate cause. Shall we be honest?).

This is but one of many holiday greetings to come as This American Dynasty celebrates its first Christmas. Thank you for reading and thank you for your comments.

And a special Merry Christmas to our ancestors now gone. May they always be remembered.

Simply,
Victor

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    P.S. Do you still live in Spearfish? ;-)

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"
    http://www.examiner.com/x-53135-Springfield-Genealogy-Examiner
    http://www.examiner.com/x-58285-Ozarks-Cultural-Heritage-Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, I love the video. I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up! Thanks for doing that video. It really is great and brings back all of the old times!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete