.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Tribute to our Family's Lutheran Heritage

Luther Attempted to Reform Catholic Doctrine and Practices and in the
end, started a faith of his own.

From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
Before turning in for the night I thought I'd post a musical tribute to the faith of our Lutheran ancestors. Our family's religious history is rich in Lutheran traditions through the Mattson Swedish lines to the Williamson Phlegar and Goodykuntz German lines.

In keeping true to their worship I found an old Lutheran hymn they would all have known. It had to be a popular hymn sung during Sunday services.

I think I found just the hymn (not being Lutheran so this is a best guess). The hymn is called "Wer nur den lieben Gott lässt walten" and is sung here in German.

Simply,
Victor


No comments:

Post a Comment