.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Mattsons at Home in Lead, South Dakota, 1913

From the Fortress of Solitude
Pleasant Grove

Hello All,
Several posts today. Mother is in house with boxes of photos pulling them out by the dozen. I can hardly keep up so the more I talk the less I get posted. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bottomless pit of quicksand and sinking deeper and deeper. The pictures are mounting and the stories so many to tell.......

In this post we have two pictures:

These are photographs of Albert John Mattson and Ida Thornburg Mattson with baby Walter (My Grandfather, Violet's Husband) taken in their home in Lead South Dakota in 1912. Albert worked in Homestake Mine. They also owned a few rentals. Walter was their only child.


Simply,
Victor





No comments:

Post a Comment