.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today's Weather, from the Fortress in the English Style

Sunday's Weather as seen from the Fortress overlooking the valley of the Pleasant Grove.
The sky hangs dark in gray and white, undecided on moisture yet the possibility is real. Umbrellas would be a wise choice for the church goer. Winds will remain restrained but at times gusting. The sun, hidden in the A.M. will emerge in the afternoon after tea, leaving a late afternoon walk quite enjoyable.
Side Note.... When I was in England as a missionary I enjoyed listening to the English weather reports on the BBC. They were quiet different from the forecasts I heard in Rapid City on KOTA television. The English had a way with words, making hearing the weather a more enjoyable experience.

I wrote the above weather report this morning after stepping out onto my deck, licking my forefinger and holding it up into the air. I wanted to give you a taste of reading my take on Pleasant Grove's weather written in the English style - and you all know if its English I'm all over it.


Simply,
Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment