.

Here, gathered in our beloved South Dakota, are a few members of our Williamson / Mattson Clan. Charles and Luella are to be blamed (be kind, they didn't know what they were doing). We're generally a happy bunch and somewhat intelligent (notwithstanding our tenuous grasp on reality). I'm also proud to say that most of us still have our teeth.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

From my Journal. January 3, 1977

The kids started school again today except me. I've got another week of vacation- and its heaven. I got up at 8:00 A.M. and layed around till 9:45 A.M. Went out to start Mabell and just barely got her turned over - then I went to work.

Working at McDonalds has its ups and downs. Right now I make $2.90 per hour and work an on average of 5 hours a day. I'm also a Crew Supervisor and get to 'boss' people around (I guess one good reason why I like it). The people I work with are nice but sort of weird; as I always say, "Normal people come a dime a dozen, but its the weirdos that make the world special."

I was suppose to work till five today but John let me go home early. I came home and started my exercises and watched Brady Bunch and Gulligan's Island. In the news there is a big hassle on Puerto Rico's becoming the 51st state. President Ford said it should. Remember I told you that Mom and Dad were on a health food kick; well guess what she fixed for supper? Fish Soup! It was horrible and I told her that. I hate all fish except for tuna. Tonight we had our first Home Evening in a long time and I learned about the promise of celestial life you can receive while still living on Earth. After family prayer mom dished up some Pecan Pie.

(On a side note. Jilane still remembers eating that piece of Pecan Pie. She's never touch another piece of Pecan Pie since).

No comments:

Post a Comment